Alabama appears to be in the running for Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s third U.S. assembly plant. Honda wants to have a third plant up and running by 2002 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — April 19, '99, p.6). Sources say Alabama state officials are putting together an economic proposal package to present to the Japanese automaker. Honda de Mexico expects a boost in production at its Jalisco plant to increase its Mexican sales by 50%. Last year buyers had to wait two months for V-6 Accords and an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642