Escort production at Ford Motor Co.'s Wayne, MI, assembly plant was halted and workers laid off for five days last week because of a shortage of steel wheels. Ford says it lost production of about 5,920 Escorts. The wheels are supplied by Visteon's Monroe, MI, Stamping Plant. Visteon says the problem is partially the result of Rouge Steel's ongoing problems to get back up to speed following the explosion at the Rouge complex Feb. 1. Unable to get enough steel from Rouge for the wheels, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.