Ford Motor Co. halted production of Mercury Cougars Friday, March 17, at AutoAlliance International Inc. (AAI) as a way to trim mounting inventories of the slow-selling coupe (see Ward's Automotive Reports — March 6, '00, p.1). The plant, owned jointly with Mazda Motor Corp., also builds the 626 sedan. Production also is scheduled to be halted March 24, employees at the plant say. Ford engineers are said to be studying a plan to reduce the line speed at AAI from 44 jobs per hour to 30, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.