Escort production at Ford Motor Co.'s Wayne, MI, assembly plant will come to an end Friday (July 2) to make way for the new Focus. Ford last week was forced to airlift parts to Wayne just to keep the factory running. It seems Ford was a little too eager to run the plant dry of its stock of Escort parts and was forced to make three costly parts deliveries with a helicopter to the factory, plant sources say. Wayne officially will be down for two weeks beginning July 3 to prepare for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642