Expansion of the DaimlerChrysler AG plant in Vance, AL, remains under discussion, according to Mercedes-Benz of North America Inc. President Mike Jackson. The Vance facility currently makes the hot-selling M-Class sport/utility vehicle, and DC is looking at having a family of Mercedes SUVs in the future, Mr. Jackson acknowledges, to meet the rising U.S. demand for opulent light trucks. The domestic luxury market presently consists of 48% cars and 52% trucks, Mr. Jackson says. Despite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.