Saturn Corp.'s Spring Hill, TN, facility will idle production the first two weeks of January to prepare the plant for the automaker's forthcoming sport/utility vehicle. “Now our SUV is still a few years away, but we do need to begin to get the processing in the plant in line so that we will be able to continue to build the S-Series while putting the construction in place to prepare for” the SUV, says a company spokeswoman. Spring Hill employees still will report to work while production is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.