Workers at Ford Motor Co.'s Wayne, MI, assembly plant are slated to begin building pre-production versions of the new Focus last week. Two pre-production vehicles will be built a day, one on the day shift and a second on nights, as a first step toward getting employees acquainted with new build procedures and where potential build problems might exist with the Escort replacement. TRW Inc. says it will set up a new plant in Toledo, OH, to assemble chassis modules for DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.