New United Motor Mfg. Inc.'s Ingersoll, CA, facility worked overtime Saturday, Aug. 7, on its Tacoma pickup line. Five days later the plant the plant built its 1 millionth truck. The vehicle was donated to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek, CA. NUMMI began building Toyota pickups in 1991. Ford Motor Co.'s Norfolk, VA, assembly plant is named the automaker's top plant in North America by J.D. Power and Associates. It ranked fourth worldwide. Norfolk opened in 1925 and has built ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.