JAKARTA — The future of automaker PT Astra International is back to square one after exclusivity status with a U.S. investment group lapsed without a deal by the Jan. 31 deadline. Additionally, Astra has a new chief executive officer. The board of Indonesia's largest automaker voted by a landslide to oust Chief Executive Rini Soewandi from her post, replacing her with Theodore Rachmat. Rachmat is a former chief executive of Astra and also serves on Indonesian President Abdurrahman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Astra's fate up for grabs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642