GYOR, Hungary – Audi Hungaria Motor Kft celebrates production here of its 10 millionth engine. The engine and car plant, owned 100% by Audi AG, began producing 4-cyl. gasoline engines in 1994 with a capacity for 800 engines per day. The successes of the first few years led to a series of increased investment at the plant, which now has capacity to produce 6,900 engines per day. Today nearly 1.5 million 4-, 6- and 8-cyl. engines are manufactured annually in Gyor and shipped worldwide to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Builds 10 Millionth Engine in Hungary" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.