Audi AG’s upcoming city car, shown in concept form as the Metroproject and dubbed the A1 by the media, won’t make it to the U.S. in its first go-around. Johan de Nysschen, head of Audi of America Inc., says more work needs to be done in building customer support for the Audi brand before such an “alternative lifestyle car” can be offered in the U.S. “We have to focus on establishing the center of gravity for the brand,” he says in an interview. “And here we still have work to do. So we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi City Car Not U.S.-Bound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.