TAIPEI – Unconfirmed reports indicate Audi AG will set up a wholly owned sales operation in Taiwan. The auto maker reportedly has invited local media to its Ingolstadt, Germany, headquarters later this month, when news of the project is expected to be formally released. Top officials of Taikoo Motors Ltd., Audi’s existing Taiwan distributor, are said to be in Germany attempting to negotiate a new agreement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Eying Sales Branch in Taiwan?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.