Audi AG and Lamborghini, both owned by Volkswagen AG, plan a two-pronged attack into the ranks of the "junior supercar" class with a pair of mid-engined models powered by a radical new V-10. The Italian-German challenge begins next March with the launch of the new "baby" Lamborghini at the Geneva Motor Show (see related story: Lamborghini to Outgun Ferrari, Porsche). The all-aluminum chassis of this "baby" Lamborghini (L140 pictured), still under development, will be shared with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi, Lamborghini to Share Chassis, V-10 for New âJuniorâ Supercars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.