LAS VEGAS – Audi of America Inc. says it will receive fewer vehicles from parent Audi AG for the ’04 model year as a result of sluggish demand and the weak dollar that is lessening profits at the U.S. sales arm. Plans call for Audi to divert vehicles originally earmarked for the U.S. to other markets where demand is stronger and there is less negative impact from the strong euro. In all, as many as 2,000-3,000 vehicles will be taken out of Audi’s U.S. vehicle allotment for ’04. Audi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Lowers U.S. Shipments" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.