BOLZANO, Italy – Keen to establish a production footprint in dollar-denominated North America as a way to offset the strong euro, Audi AG acknowledges it is in discussions with Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG for a potential manufacturing partnership in the region. Last month, Magna executives hinted they were eager for Audi to pull the trigger on outsourcing production so the supplier could move on long-anticipated plans to acquire a manufacturing plant in the U.S. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi, Magna in NA Production Talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.