SAN FRANCISCO – Audi AG is setting it sights on building up its North American business, although a weak U.S. dollar and a strong euro are wreaking havoc on those plans. The German auto maker’s laser-like focus on the region is requiring some outside the box thinking, executives say, including the possibility of production in the U.S. for the first time. Audi’s North American chief, Axel Mees. Axel Mees, vice president in charge of Audi’s North American unit, says he personally ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi N.A. Chief Advocates U.S. Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.