GENEVA — Audi AG celebrates 20 years of its quattro (all-wheel-drive) technology with the launch of its '01 Allroad, a beefy luxury car-based crossover vehicle. “Twenty years ago, 4-wheel drive was a technical curiosity on normal roads,” says Audi Chairman Franz-Josef Paefgen. “We are moving successfully into the third millennium technically. We will see fewer and fewer automotive competitors but less uniformity. Customers are demanding a broader model range.” The Allroad goes on sale in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi pits quattro-equipped Allroad against real SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.