DETROIT – With car buyers, federal regulators and the media questioning the safety of electronic controls in automobiles in light of the sudden-acceleration scandal engulfing Toyota Motor Corp., Audi of America Inc. is set to enter the debate. Later this year, the importer will send an Audi TTS up to the top of Pikes Peak in Colorado – without a driver behind the wheel. Dubbed the Autonomous Audi TTS, the car is a result of a collaboration between Audi’s Electronic Research Laboratory ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Plans Pikes Peak Stunt to Prove Technological Prowess" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.