Audi AG says it will expand its presence in China by adding the A4 to its model range built and marketed there in April. The A4 will be assembled at the Volkswagen AG-First Auto Works joint venture, FAW-Volkswagen, in Changchun, in the northeastern province of Jilin. Audi began producing its A6 luxury car at the JV, 10% owned by VW, in 1988, with more than 80,000 units delivered to Chinese customers to date. Long-term plans are to produce 30,000 A4s annually. "The Audi A4 will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi to Produce A4 in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.