Audi is working on a new range of direct injection (DI) gasoline engines. But these aren't expected to arrive until late 2001. It's going to be tough for Audi AG to follow-up the first-generation A4, still considered one of the most handsomely styled model ranges currently on the road. But once again, Audi throws out conventional styling with the launch of a svelte new 4-door “coupe” for the new A4 line, which comes in 2002. The radical new coupe is one of four body designs approved ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi readies A4 replacement; W-8, DI gasoline engines to come" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.