As proof that European automakers see a growth market for luxury vehicles powered by large-displacement diesels, Audi AG releases details of its newest diesel, a twin-turbocharged, common-rail fed direct-injection (DI) 3.3L DOHC V-8. Thus almost simultaneously, Audi and rival German automaker BMW AG have launched their new generation of direct-injected, common-rail V-8 diesels. DaimlerChrysler AG will complete the troika with a Mercedes 4L turbodiesel V-8 later this year. Audi's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi ready with advanced DI turbodiesel V-8" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.