DANA POINT, CA – Plant evaluations are under way as Audi AG seeks additional capacity, says Len Hunt, vice president, Audi of America Inc. There long has been talk of establishing a North American assembly plant, Hunt says. But before the car maker goes that route, “first we need to utilize our capacity within the (Volkswagen AG) group. “We’re part of such a big company.” Top consideration is being given to plants that already produce Audi vehicles – or the VW platforms from which they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Seeks More Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.