Audi Australia Pty. Ltd. plans to install smaller diesel engines in some of its models so they consume less than 34 mpg (6.9 L/100 km) and qualify for the countryâ€™s new â€śgreen-carâ€ť exemption from the federal luxury-car tax. Among the models under review for Australian buyers are a new 2.0L TDI 4-cyl. variant of the Audi TT, two new A6 TDI sedans and a new A4 Avant with a 2.7L TDI V-6. The A5 3.0L TDI V-6 coupe arriving in November also benefits from the new legislation. The Australian ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Seeks Oz 'Green-Carâ€™ Exemption With Small TDIs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.