In a plan to strengthen its growing status in the premium-car segment, Audi AG plans to enhance its midsize model range for '00 with the addition of a V-8 equipped A6. The A6 4.2 — carrying an enhanced version of the 4.2L twin-cam V-8 currently found only in the flagship A8 — will put the A6 in midsize-car parity with chief rivals, the BMW 5 series and Mercedes E-Class. Moreover, Audi officials say the '00 V-8-equipped A6 will be priced less than the competition, although exact pricing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi to Strengthen Lineup for '00" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.