MORRISTOWN, NJ – Capacity-strapped Audi of America Inc. is putting the focus on profits, not volume, its top executive says. But that doesn’t mean parent Audi AG isn’t looking for ways to increase production, and the possibility exists long-term that the auto maker could use its Chinese operations to fill the product pipeline in the U.S. “Our business is very volume driven,” says Johan de Nysschen, executive vice president in charge Audi of America, on hand here for the U.S. launch of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Targets Higher Margins in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.