Billing it as the world's most powerful automotive diesel, Audi AG's Motorsport division unveils a twin-turbocharged 5.5L DOHC V-12 with output "exceeding" 650 hp and a massive 812 lb.-ft. (1,100 Nm) of torque. The engine is intended for the all-new Audi R10 endurance-racing car scheduled to enter the famous Le Mans 24-hour race in June. This finally may be the appearance of the endurance-racing diesel sources intimated to Ward's more than two years ago, at that time suggesting the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Unveils V-12 Diesel for Le Mans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.