MUNICH — Audi AG may be riding high on styling success, but in the battle of the midsize luxury segment, Audi's foes — largely BMW AG and Mercedes-Benz — have enjoyed a performance advantage. That, however, is about to change with the help of a V-8 engine for the '00 A6 sedan and station wagon (Avant), both reconfigured to handle the larger powerplant. Audi reached into its technology bag and pulled out a 5-valve-per-cylinder head for the formerly 4-valve 3.7L and 4.2L DOHC V-8s. For ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi's '00 A6 gets more muscle to hustle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.