CANBERRA – A record 76,173 new vehicles were sold in Australia last month, taking the year-to-date total 9.6% higher than like-2002 at 598,897 units. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Peter Sturrock says every month except March has returned record sales this year. The March result was just 898 vehicles short of the month’s all-time high set in 1999. (See related story: Australia Sales Set July Record) The FCAI already has made two revisions to its forecast for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"August Sales Set Record in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.