U.S. sales surged to a record for August on a seasonally adjusted basis, continuing to mirror year-agoâ€™s pattern. High inventory combined with generous incentives were the impetus for sales to hit a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 19.0 million for the month. The delivery of early income tax checks for child credits also may have had a positive impact. The SAAR beat the previous August record of 18.7 million, attained last year, and was the third highest on record for any month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"August Sales Surge to 19 Million SAAR, Improving â€™03 Outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.