August U.S. vehicle sales should improve on July’s results on a seasonally adjusted basis. But how well the industry performs during the month ultimately will depend largely on how successful General Motors Corp. is at moving some of its excess inventory – which will hinge on whether incentives still can provide enough muscle to pull consumers back into the market.(See related data: Ward's Forecast- August U.S. Light Vehicle Sales) Ward’s is forecasting a 17.4 million seasonally ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"August, Third-Quarter U.S. Light-Vehicle Sales to Top 17 Million Annual Rate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.