General Motors Corp. wrapped up production of the Oldsmobile Aurora March 28, as the last model rolled off the assembly line at the Orion Twp., MI, plant. Aurora debuted in ’94 as GM’s hope to breathe life into its Oldsmobile brand. The V-8 near-luxury sedan, however, was not enough to save the brand and its demise was announced in December 2000. Oldsmobile is scheduled to be dropped completely in 2004. In total, GM sold 215,123 Auroras, all built at Orion. GM now says Orion will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aurora Ends Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.