CANBERRA – Australian auto makers are rewriting their record books as buyers flock to dealers in unprecedented numbers. As a result, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries has raised its forecast for 2003 vehicle sales by 3% to 850,000 units. Toyota models, such as Camry, continue to lead year’s sales. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. saw record April sales of 13,514 vehicles, retaining its lead in national vehicle sales for the year with 55,967 total units, compared ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aussie April Sales Sizzle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.