MELBOURNE – Australian new vehicle sales in May rose 12% year-on-year to 73,123 units. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries figures show Holden Ltd. remained the market leader in May – its 17th consecutive month at the top. The result prompted the General Motors Corp. subsidiary to predict a record sales year. The auto maker says May sales of 16,082 units were the best result for that month since 1974. It captured a 27.6% share of the passenger vehicle market and 22% of total sales. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aussie New Car Sales, Exports Climb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.