BALLARAT, Victoria – Bendix Brake Systems’ brake subsidary FMP Group locks out 500 of its 650 workers and threatens to relocate to Southeast Asia if Australia’s industrial disruptions continue. The move comes as the Australian Mfg. Workers Union warns of more stoppages in Victoria's manufacturing sector on July 3 in its campaign for new contracts(See related story: Aussie Union Threatens More Supplier Strikes). The lockout follows a decision by the union last week to impose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aussie Supplier Locks Out Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.