MELBOURNE - It is a 20-hour plane ride from Detroit, yet this coastal city seems strangely familiar. Maybe it's because this is Australia's own Motor City, albeit with a warmer climate, smoother roads and decidedly European feel. Melbourne, Victoria, is home to Holden Ltd., General Motors Corp.'s Australian unit; plus Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. And just next door, by Oz standards, is the state of South Australia, where Mitsubishi Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia Enjoys Upside of Building Cars Down Under" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.