SYDNEY – Mercedes-Benz will introduce its popular 2-seat Smart car in Australia in the second quarter of next year. Two models, a city coupe and cabrio, will be offered. The coupe will sell for below A$25,000 ($13,547) and the cabrio for below A$30,000 ($16,260). The auto maker also plans to produce a roadster model and a 4-seat version with alliance partner Mitsubishi Motors Corp. in 2004 (see related story: Mitsubishi Revamps European Products, Operations). Mercedes-Benz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia to Get Smart Next Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.