MELBOURNE – Industry analysts cite low interest rates and rising consumer confidence as reasons behind the increase in new vehicle sales in Australia, up 10% year-on-year to 64,785 units in February. The figure is up 10.7% from January levels. Passenger car sales --about 66% of the total--rose 4.9%. Year-to-date, sales are up 12% to 123,352 units. Holden Ltd. continued its market domination in February with sales of 14,270 units, comfortably ahead of Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia New Vehicle Sales on the Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.