CANBERRA – The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries has raised its sales forecast to a record 960,000 units – 5.5% more than last year's all-time high – and says the total could exceed 1 million units if the current rate continues. The forecast follows the strongest first-quarter sales to date, including record sales in March. Toyota sold 76 Priuses in Australia in March –11 more than in the entire first quarter of 2003. The chamber says first-quarter deliveries of 226,720 were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia Pacing to Record Year Based on Q1 Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.