CANBERRA – Australia’s Prime Minister John Howard says a strike at glass manufacturer Pilkington Automotive is part of a union campaign to target Australia's car industry. Prime Minister John Howard "(The industry) is being targeted by certain unions, and this is just crazy," he tells a Melbourne radio station from Paris, where he is on a European tour. "It's no surprise to me that this has happened, because people like Doug Cameron (Australian Mfg. Workers Union national ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia Prime Minister Critical of Glass Strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.