CANBERRA – The Australian auto industry is predicting a record year after July sales rise 14% over year-ago to 79,521 vehicles, a record for the month. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says July results boosted year-to-date sales to 522,724 units, up 9.6% from 476,748 in like-2002. The chamber now is forecasting calendar-year sales of 875,000 vehicles, well ahead of year-ago’s record 824,309. Australia’s Holden Commodore top-selling car for 71st straight month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia Sales Set July Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.