Australian new-vehicle sales fell 23.9% in April to 63,965 units, from 20,096 in like-2008, leaving year-to-date deliveries down 20.3% at 276,935, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries reports. While the figures confirm market conditions remain soft, the extent of the decline was compounded by the timing of the Easter holidays, FCAI CEO Andrew McKellar says. “After adjusting for seasonal factors, sales in April appear to be broadly consistent with results of recent months, and we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australian Sales Falter in April" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.