Australia’s new-car sales reached a record 76,936 units in January, a 9.9% increase over like-2006, fueled by the continued popularity of small cars. Light-car sales rose 14.3% to 10,417 units, while small-car deliveries jumped 26.3% to 19,725. “This is a long-term trend beyond (gasoline) price volatility; part of a fundamental shift in consumer preferences that’s been gathering momentum for a couple of years,” Peter Sturrock, Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO, says. Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australian Small Cars Fuel Record January Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.