VIENNA – A new 140-hp Ecotec turbocharged 4-cyl. launched here earlier this month by General Motors Powertrain Austria GmbH will be shipped to the U.S. for the upcoming Chevrolet Cruze beginning in June. The exported engine will tide the Cruze over until General Motors Co. launches output of the powerplant at its Flint, MI, facility, which is undergoing a $200 million retooling but won’t be ready until late in the year. The Cruze will be built in the U.S. at GM’s Lordstown, OH, plant. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Austrian-Made 1.4L Bound for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.