Auto makers are gearing up for a robust start to the '08 model year with North American output slated for an 8.2% gain over year-ago in the third quarter. Although Ford Motor Co. still is crunching numbers, it is expected to finalize its initial third-quarter program at least 3.5% higher than the 595,100 units built in like-2006. Including a Ward's forecast of 615,700 units for Ford, the industry is geared to build 3,850,100 vehicles in the July-September period, compared with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Makers Set Stronger Q3 Output Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.