TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Like many regions in Western Europe, the U.K. is coming to grips with the likelihood that more auto manufacturing jobs will migrate east, where wages are lower and investment incentives are higher. U.K. auto making to decline, says Jeremy Burne, auto sector specialist with the British Consulate. “Realistically, because of the way Western Europe is structured and the opportunities that are offered by much lower-cost labor markets in Eastern Europe, it’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Manufacturing Future Uncertain in U.K." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.