With demand exceeding supply, Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd. asks AutoAlliance (Thailand) Co. Ltd. to increase its output of Mazda2 cars. The $500 million Ford Motor Co.-Mazda Motor Corp. joint-venture plant in Rayong has a capacity of 120,000 units annually, with half slated for Mazda2 production and half for Ford Fiestas. Ford and Mazda's old plant in Rayong is producing BT-50 pickup trucks for both the Thai and export markets. Mazda Sales says in a statement it has asked ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AutoAlliance Thailand to Step Up Output of Mazda2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.