TOKYO – A year before the Garaiya hits the market in Japan, the sports car is being featured in the Grand Tourismo video game, and 1/72 scale models are on sale in the 500 Autobacs aftermarket stores. In fact, the Garaiya is an Autobacs project. Sumino Koichi, president of Autobacs Seven Co. Ltd., unveiled the project two years ago and has prototypes on the road here. Sales are scheduled to begin in 2004, two years later than first announced. U.K.-built Garaiya sports car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Autobacs Garaiya Sports Car to Debut in Japan in 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.