LISBON – A Volkswagen Sharan multipurpose vehicle (MPV) sits astride the white brick building housing AutoEuropa, an auto plant many here hope will remain a piece of Volkswagen AG’s global footprint after 2005. That’s when production of the Sharan, SEAT Alhambra and Ford Galaxy MPVs is slated to end at the largest auto manufacturing facility in Portugal. For now, plant executives are adopting a wait-and-see attitude concerning their future. Founded in July 1991 as a joint venture ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AutoEuropa Future Uncertain as Microbus Heads for Hanover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.