RAYONG province, Thailand — General Motors Corp. sets the wheels in motion to put its popular Qilin concept car on the road. GM Asia/Pacific President Rudolph A. Schlais, on hand last month for the opening of GM's new Thailand manufacturing facility, says the automaker is trying to find a way to build the flexible, 5-seat multi-purpose vehicle. “We're trying to put the business case together,” Schlais says. “We understand the technology now.” He says Chinese consumers are looking for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automaker considers production of Qilin concept car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.