Automakers, despite some on-going anxiety over transportation logistics (see p.5), last week bolstered the industry's already record-setting third quarter North American production plan by 2%, adding 68,800 cars and trucks to the July-September schedule to support the still-robust U.S. new vehicle market (see complete data p.6). Third quarter output now stands at 4,087,700 units, up from 4,018,900 a month ago and 16.5% ahead of the 3,509,500 vehicles assembled in the same quarter last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Bolster 3rd Qtr. Output Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.